Saturday, July 17, 2010

So what's up with tradition?

Why is it that everyone has to follow tradition? 


Tradition is defined as: 
"a long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting."


Key word: inherited. Isn't it more fun to come up with your own traditions? To make your own rules... to do things your way. I understand the culture part of tradition... yeah some of it is part of your roots, but why can't you change the way you do things. I feel like, as the universe progresses, so should we. Why is it that everyone is so afraid to let go of the past and break a norm. Sometimes, I feel as though I am the only one who believes in changing things up. Change is good... change is different... change allows you to be more creative and think outside the box. 


I know I don't think like most people, but I definitely want to define my own future, not have traditions define them for me.


Farah      

No comments:

Post a Comment